How to Write Catchy Dating Profile Headlines?
The art of writing catchy and compelling profile content matters way more than people think it does. While it cannot be ridiculed that stunning profile pictures play a critical role in grabbing some eyeballs, internet users these days prefer to know a bit more about what kind of person you in real. According to an independent research, 58% percent of internet users say the first thing they look out for in a prospective partner is good looks. It is worth stating that according to the survey conducted 10 years ago, over 80% people weighed good looks over any other parameter.
When it comes to writing compelling content for your online dating profile, here are a few tips that experts say will reap you exceptional results in little time.
Avoid using old-fashioned and boring headlines
When you write old-fashioned and boring headlines, you're automatically perceived as uninteresting and common. You wouldn’t want to be perceived as a boring person, would you? It is worth remembering that there are hundreds of thousands of people competing with you on the dating site and resorting to conventional behavior would only jeopardize your chances of finding a match online. Abstain from using the following:
- I might be the one you're looking out for.
- Looking to connect with interesting people.
- Try something like this.
- Willing to lie about how we met.
As you would have noticed, the last statement takes a humorous approach and certainly stands out from the common opening lines.
Using the headline as a filter
A lot of people who date online complain that a most people who contact them aren't the type they're looking for. If you want to improve the interest that people show in you, it would be wise to make tweaks to your profile headline. It is to be borne in mind that every dating website employs multiple algorithms that look out for keywords.
So, when another member makes a keyword-based search, and your profile has the word, it is bound to show up. Furthermore, it would give the other person a better idea of whether or not you'd make a good pair. This would eventually decrease the number of mismatches.
Keep changing your profile headlines
Just as you keep rotating profile pictures, it would be great to change your profile headline once every few weeks. Not only will this show that the profile is active but also boost your reach, thanks to the keyword-based algorithm of the website. It is important to note that your profile shouldn’t convey the wrong message at any point of time, regardless of the type of partner you're looking out for.
Below are 27 Samples of Good Dating Profile Headlines
- And Now For Something Completely Different.
- A Gentleman and a Scholar.
- The Whole Enchilada.
- Wears socks that match!
- I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
- I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be.
- Be Kind Whenever Possible. It is Always Possible.
- Iowa farm girl masquerading as East Coast intellectual
- Passion and Ambition Seek the Same.
- He Who Hesitates is a Damn Fool.
- Eats Desert First!
- Likes Dancing in the Rain.
- Start By Dreaming.
- In My Mind, I Sing Just Like Sinatra.
- Traveling Boots and Dancing Shoes.
- Not Perfect, But My Dog Thinks I'm Awesome.
- Travels Well.
- Runs with Scissors.
- Willing to Lie About How We Met.
- If Edison Had Been Afraid of the Consequences, We'd Still be Sitting In the Dark.
- Mary In A Box.
- Ollie, Ollie, In Come Free!
- Life is about stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Creating a New Ending.
- You Can't Stay In Your Corner of the Forest Waiting For Others to Come to You.
- You Have to Go to Them Sometimes.
Related post: How to create a good dating profile?